The Indian life sciences industry is on the threshold of entering a New Era of growth and positivity, promising extraordinary growth and an innovation driven bioeconomy. The Indian biotechnology sector is one of the fastest growing knowledge based sectors in India and is expected to play a key role in shaping India’s rapidly developing economy. With numerous comparative advantages in terms of R&D facilities, knowledge skills and cost effectiveness, the biotechnology industry in India is fast emerging as a Global Leader.
Leading the world: India is among the top
six producers of pharmaceuticals in the world
World Renowned Quality: Approx. 1,297 WHO GMP standard manufacturing units.
A Pharma Hub: Over 10,500 manufacturing units & over 3,000 pharma companies growing at an exceptional rate.
Affordable Quality: Manufacturing costs are approx. 35-40% of those in the US due to low installation & manufacturing costs.
Growing Capabilities: Large pool of scientific talent at a reasonable cost
Dedicated to Excellence: 19 dedicated pharmaceutical SEZs at various stages
- Hyderabad is the Pharma capital of India with about 40% of the world’s total production.
- With world’s second largest rDNA therapeutic production facility Hyderabad has highest concentration of biotech companies producing recombinant therapeutics.
- Hyderabad is India’s hub for vaccine production. 33% of global vaccine production comes from Hyderabad.
- The Genome Valley in Hyderabad is India's largest biotech cluster housing over 200 life sciences companies.
- Hyderabad is called the Bulk drug Capital of India, with nearly one third of India’s total bulk drug production.
- Hyderabad is also called the Seed Capital of India.